- meaning = lord (nAtha) of the universe (vishva)
- pronunciation = vi-shwa-naa-th
- ITRANS = vishvanAtha.
- common english spelling = vishwanath.
technically, sanskrit letter is pronounced like 'w' (labial, lips rounded and sounded as oo + uh) and not like 'v' (fricative, lower lip under upper teeth). but traditional spellings have been using v AND w in the spelling, that is just tradition. that is why, ITRANS, the initial attempts at using roman characters to map sanskrit letters, recognizes BOTH v and w for the sound, since there IS NO v sound in sanskrit.
- gender = male
- vishvesha (m) = vishva (universe)+ iisha (lord) = universe + lord = shiva
- vishveshvara (m) = vishva (universe)+ iishvara (lord) = universe + lord = shiva
Viswanathan Anand - (above) the forever surprising and awesome grandmaster of chess
Gundappa Viswanath, famous cricketer.
Mokshagundam_Visvesvarayya, (above) the visionary architect and engineer of karNATaka state (erstwhile mysore kingdom) who lived for 102 years.
Viswanatha Satyanarayana, famous telugu poet
Divakar Viswanath mathematician
viswanatha swamy temple - kerala temple
kashi vishwanath temple - famous shiva temple in kAshI (vArANasI)